Bend & Central Oregon Home Owners & Renters Insurance
Focus1 Insurance agents are home owner’s insurance and renter’s insurance experts in the Bend, Redmond, Sisters, Madras, Sun River and throughout Central Oregon Areas. We know that your home and the assets in and around it are very important to you and protecting them correctly makes a huge difference in the event of a tragedy. Combine your home and auto insurance policies for discounts. There are also many additions that can be made to your home owner’s or renter’s insurance policy to protect assets that are not traditionally found in standard home owner’s insurance policies. Have you thought about protecting your cell phones, computer equipment, and collectibles as part of your policy? These riders can be very inexpensive and save you from unnecessary expenses in the future.
Here are the standard types of insurance policies we can offer, but there are additions that can further insulate you from loss:
- Basic Form Homeowner Policy: A basic policy form that provides coverage on a home against 11 listed perils; contents are generally included in this type of coverage, but must be explicitly enumerated. The perils include fire or lightning, windstorm or hail, vandalism or malicious mischief, theft, damage from vehicles and aircraft, explosion riot or civil commotion, glass breakage, smoke, volcanic eruption, and personal liability. Exceptions include floods, earthquakes.
- Broad Form Homeowner Policy: A more advanced form that provides coverage on a home against 17 listed perils (including all 11 in Basic Form above). The coverage is usually a “named perils” policy, which lists the events that would be covered.
- Special Form Homeowner Policy: The typical, most comprehensive form used for single-family homes. The policy provides “all risk” coverage on the home with some perils excluded, such as earthquake and flood. Contents are covered on a named peril basis.
- Renter’s Insurance: The “Tenants” form is for renters. It covers personal property against the same perils as the contents portion of the Broad and Special Form Homeowner Policies noted above.
- Premier Homeowner Policy: Covers the same as Special Form plus more. On this policy the contents are covered on an open peril basis, therefore as long as the cause of loss is not specifically excluded in the policy it will be covered for that cause of loss.
- Condominium Policy: The form for condominium owners.
- Older Houses: The “Modified Coverage” form is for the owner-occupied older home whose replacement cost far exceeds the property’s market value.
Call 541.312.1939 Today!
Request A Quote:
Just a few of the companies
we can shop for YOU: